Which Rock Are You?

Summit Life with J.D. Greear | 6/17/2019 | Staff
Pumpkinajn (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://jdgreear.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/devon-janse-van-rensburg-513887-unsplash-1.jpg

Which Rock Are You?

Ministry can be a grind. It can feel like a desert. I find that every day, God puts before me two rocks and asks me to choose: Will you trust me and let me show you the next step, or will you try to achieve victory on your own?

Which Rock Are You?

Summit - Goal - Churches - God - Grace

Here at the Summit, we have an audacious goal of planting 1,000 churches by 2050. (By God’s grace, we have already planted 298 churches!) One of the most bittersweet realities of planting churches, however, is sending out our best leaders. So we decided to ask some of our Summit Network pastors to give back a little, sharing the wisdom they’ve learned along the way.

Every Monday throughout the summer, check in here for a dash of wit and wisdom from some of our Summit Network church planters. First up: Chuck Reed!

Years - Privilege - Basketball - Team - City

Many years ago, I had the privilege of coaching a basketball team through our city’s housing authority. We played many of the housing authorities throughout the state, and the year prior to my leadership, the team went undefeated and won the “chip.” Notice I said, “the year prior.” During my tenure as coach, we lost every game and one would be my worst loss ever as a coach.

We started out quickly and confidently, taking an early 6-2 lead. The opposing team took a timeout, but I wasn’t worried. All seemed headed in the right direction for us. After all, we were the reigning champs.

Play - Score - Deal

Then play resumed. The score went from 6-2 to 6-6. OK, no big deal. But before I knew it, we were down 30. Then 40. Then 50.

The final score was 96-17.

Thick - Year - Church - Scratch

What I learned then is what I am learning again now, in the thick of year one of church planting: Starting from scratch...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Summit Life with J.D. Greear
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: