Teenagers offered up to £1,000 to 'stab other youngsters'

Mail Online | 6/17/2019 | Ed Riley For Mailonline
dorkyrocker (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/17/08/14766900-0-image-a-12_1560757861740.jpg

Teenagers are being offered up to £1,000 by gang leaders to stab other youngsters, it is claimed.

Crime bosses in Liverpool are issuing bounties to settle disputes with rival gangs so they don't have to carry out the attacks themselves.

Youth - Workers - City - Hands - Stream

Youth workers in the city said they 'don't want to get their hands dirty' and they know there is a 'continuous stream' of teens they can 'exploit.'

One youngster said teenagers would willingly accept the payments because it would mean 'more respect' from the elders.

Claim - BBC - Stabbing

The claim, reported by the BBC, has been linked to at least one stabbing.

One teenager, who wished to remain anonymous because of fear of reprisals, said: 'Young kids are getting money put on their heads.'

Friend - Hospital - Target - £1 - Bounty

He told how his best friend was treated in hospital after he was the target of a £1,000 bounty.

He added that senior gang members said: 'Here's five ton [£500] each - go and do it.''

Money - Respect - Elders

'And they'll go and do it because they'll think, if I do this, then I'll get more money and I'll get more respect from the elders.'

The teenager also revealed people would go an watch so called 'straighteners' - an arranged fight to resolve a dispute.

Alan - Walsh - Youth - Worker - Campaign

Alan Walsh, a youth worker who runs the city-wide campaign 'Real Men Don't Carry Knives', told the BBC Beyond Today podcast: 'Has it got to that stage where it's like going back to gladiators, the arena is the streets and we're putting a bounty up?'

'I'm still gobsmacked that they have this thing where, at that tender age, they'll put a bounty on other kids' heads.

'I - Trend

'I hope to God it's not a trend that takes off.'

Ex probation officer James Riley, told the podcast: 'The 'elders' want to distance themselves - they want to avoid arrest.

'They - Hands

'They don't want to get their hands dirty - they...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.