Ravi Zacharias brought to tears by death row inmate who sang 'Amazing Grace,' gifted handmade cross

www.christianpost.com | 6/16/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/16/231609.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias has reflected on his recent visit to Angola Prison in Louisiana and shared how one Death Row inmate sang “Amazing Grace” before gifting the pastor a handmade cross.

Zacharias - Others - Penitentiaries - Country - Share

Recently, Zacharias and several others visited one of the largest penitentiaries in the country to share the Gospel with prisoners, many of whom are violent offenders. The prison houses roughly five thousand inmates, more than half of which are serving life sentences.

On Instagram, Zacharias wrote about his life-changing experience inside the maximum-security prison.

Post - God - Prison - Bars - Stories

In the first post, he wrote, "It is powerfully moving to see what God is doing behind these prison bars. Incredible stories unfold here.”

In a second Instagram post, Zacharias wrote about visiting the men on the prison's Death Row and one particularly heartbreaking encounter with an inmate.

Day - Angola - Prison - Share - Death

"What a day at Angola Prison!" he wrote. "What memories. I will say more later. For now, I just want to share that walking through Death Row is one of the most sobering things I have ever done. Praying with those there makes it impossible to block the tears."

"Suddenly from one of the cells burst out the ringing voice of one singing Amazing Grace," he continued. "I walked over to his cell as he sang. Then he handed me this cross that he had made."

Place - Gospel - Grace - Power - Zacharias

"Even in a dark place, the Gospel is shining with grace and power," Zacharias noted. "That is the only hope for the world because we are all prisoners of sin, and only the cross has the answer and the freedom. Thank you for praying for us. God used our team with His anointing and power."

In his final post, the evangelist shared a photo of two paintings hanging on the wall of the room adjacent to Angola Prison’s execution room, where the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!