Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe begins new hunger strike in protest at her 'unfair imprisonment' in Iran

Mail Online | 4/3/2016 | Alisha Buaya For Mailonline
loranseen (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/15/17/14829842-0-image-a-2_1560616539997.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/15/3139686705398235690/1024x576_MP4_3139686705398235690.mp4

British-Iranian mother Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe jailed in Iran on spying charges has began a new hunger strike.

Her husband Richard Ratcliffe said in a statement on Saturday that he received a phone call from his wife telling him she informed the Iranian judiciary she has stopped taking food in protest of her 'unfair imprisonment'.

Charity - Worker - Wife - Duration - Protest

He said that he would join his charity worker wife for the duration of her protest and not eat (only drink water) while in London.

Mr Ratcliffe said Nazanin, who is serving a five-year sentence in Tehran's notorious Evin Prison, sounded 'nervous, but calm' when she spoke to him from prison.

Something - While - Mr - Ratcliffe

'This is something she had been threatening for a while,' Mr Ratcliffe said.

'Her demand from the strike, she said, is for unconditional release. She has long been eligible for it. I do not know the response from the Iranian authorities,' he said.

Mr - Ratcliffe - 'Nazanin - Gabriella - Birthday

Mr Ratcliffe said: 'Nazanin had vowed that if we passed Gabriella's fifth birthday with her still inside, then she would do something – to mark to both governments that 'enough is enough'. This really has gone on too long.'

Their daughter, Gabriella, has not been allowed to leave Iran following her mother's arrest in 2016 and is living with her grandparents.

Mr - Ratcliffe - Event - Embassy - London

Mr Ratcliffe said he had previously been planning a 'small event' outside the Iranian embassy in London to mark Gabriella's birthday.

'Given Nazanin's decision, I will also begin a continual vigil in front of the Iranian embassy, perhaps occasionally joined by friends and family,' he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!