Black Anti-Abortion Activists Chastise Gillibrand for Comparing Pro-Lifers to Racists

Washington Free Beacon | 6/14/2019 | Jeffrey Cimmino
Matty123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Screen-Shot-2019-05-29-at-10.22.51-AM.png

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino

Two black anti-abortion activists condemned Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) for comparing the pro-life position to racism during an interview with the Des Moines Register last week.

Issues - Clarity - Society - Side - Imagine

"I think there's some issues that have such moral clarity that we have as a society decided that the other side is not acceptable. Imagine saying that it's okay to appoint a judge who's racist or anti-Semitic or homophobic. Asking someone to appoint someone who takes away basic human rights of any group of people in America—I don't think that those are political issues anymore," Gillibrand told the newspaper. "There is no moral equivalency when you come to racism, and I do not believe there is a moral equivalency when it comes to changing laws that deny women reproductive freedom."

Alveda King, the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and director of African-American outreach for Priests for Life, told the Washington Free Beacon Gillibrand wants to protect the rights of only some women.

Women - Rights - Girls - Womb - Women

"She says she supports women's reproductive rights, but the little girls in the womb will grow up to be women after they're born," King said. "They're already little girls in the womb. She wants to protect a certain class of women, but then allow another class of women, of course, to be almost lynched." King added that Americans need to "embrace the sanctity of life regardless of political affiliation" and "embrace the civil rights of the unborn."

In an op-ed for Newsmax published earlier this week, King called...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!