Testimonials to Christ’s Glory Through the Life and Ministry of Dr. David Powlison

Biblical Counseling Coalition | 6/14/2019 | The BCC
Click For Photo: http://www.biblicalcounselingcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/DavidPowlison_2.png

On June 7, 2019, Dr. David Powlison went home to be with the Lord after a battle with pancreatic cancer. A dear friend of the BCC, David played a significant role in founding this ministry and has served faithfully on our board from the outset. In honor of his life, exemplary faith, and profound contribution to the biblical counseling movement, this week’s blog series is dedicated to David Powlison.

Rarely, if ever, have I seen such an outpouring of tributes to one person’s life and ministry. David, as a humble, Christ-honoring man, would want these testimonials to be pointed upward to Christ. As you reflect on these words about David’s life, may your mind and heart reflect on the great grace and eternal hope we have in Christ.

David - Words - Presentation - David - Closing

We begin with David’s own words in his final public presentation. David was invited to give the closing comments at the Westminster Graduation Ceremony on May 23, 2019. He was unable to attend personally, so CCEF’s Mike Emlet read David’s address on his behalf. The following excerpt summarizes well the message of David’s address and the message of David’s life.

“My deepest hope for you is that in both your personal life and your ministry to others, you would be unafraid to be publicly weak as the doorway to the strength of God Himself.”

Rest - David - Address

Read the rest of David’s final address here.

“You know a man by what he loves. This is true in any role that man takes. I think it’s fair to say that David Powlison filled the role of primary leader in the biblical counseling movement, and as influencer over those in evangelicalism most concerned with pastoral care. David embodied love for the things we aspire to love. David loved many things, but I’d like to point out the particular loves that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Biblical Counseling Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!
True or False Prophet, check for God keeping seal of approval.