Hayward: Passive Conservatives Urge Surrender on Social Media

Breitbart | 6/13/2019 | Staff
maddyb7maddyb7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/08/GettyImages-928420966.jpg

For the passive conservatives — those who prefer losing but remaining “principled” while the left does everything it takes to win, those who believe no hill is worth dying on — the battle for social media is over.

The right should cede the battlegrounds of Facebook and Twitter to politicized Big Tech and the social justice warriors holding its leash, as the right has given ground before every left-wing cultural offensive for the past fifty years. We let the left take over education and entertainment and that worked out just fine, didn’t it?

National - Review - Monday - Sam - Sweeney

Writing at National Review on Monday, Sam Sweeney advised conservatives to “close your social media accounts” and simply walk away from this bizarre and unruly new form of mass communications. Sweeney himself did so years ago and said he is much happier without the stress of participating in social media, although he admitted to being an occasional reader of Twitter posts.

Sweeney argued that walking away from social media will liberate conservatives from the increasingly tight grip of the Masters of the Universe:

Advice - Delete - Facebook - Yesterday - News

My advice: Delete your Facebook, yesterday. Don’t get your news from Twitter. The issues of free speech on social media will no longer matter to you. They don’t matter to me. I’ve made a decision not to subjugate myself to the whims of our new overlords. They can open their platform to everyone from neo-Nazis to Kim Jong-un, or they can have a litmus test that includes denouncing Donald Trump or the pope at regular intervals — a sort of school-bathroom pass fitting for our generation’s extended adolescence in which Mark Zuckerberg plays the schoolmarm. It won’t affect my life either way. In my own mind at least, I am free because these things no longer define my life. I am happier as a result. I can still...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!