How to Reach Your Grandkids With the Gospel. Part 1

ChurchLeaders | 6/12/2019 | Staff
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
In over 21 years of ministry, I have come to understand that what I believe about God will be seen most clearly not in my life or the lives of my kids but in my grandkids. What I believe about faith is passed on to the next generation who then passes it on to the next generation. We can’t pass everything on to our kids and even less to our grandkids but what they remember is what is most precious to us. What we value most they will catch. The failure to do this was seen in the lives of Israel in the book of Judges – The book of Judges is the perpetual cycle of commitment, complacency, and then compromise.

Judges 2:10 – There arose another generation that did not remember the name of the Lord. – They forgot God.

Generation - Fathers - Generation - Lord - Work

10 And all that generation also were gathered to their fathers. And there arose another generation after them who did not know the Lord or the work that he had done for Israel.

God knew his people would forget. He even had Israel place physical memorials to help them to remember. He knows that if we do not build into our lives through intentional means, we will forget the gospel. If we don’t systematically and organically repeat the gospel to our kids, it will never become precious to them. That’s what the book of Judges painfully points out to us over and over again.

Man - Bethlehem - Judah - Family - Judah

Now there was a young man of Bethlehem in Judah, of the family of Judah, who was a Levite, and he sojourned there. 8 And the man departed from the town of Bethlehem in Judah to sojourn where he could find a place. And as he journeyed, he came to the hill-country of Ephraim to the house of Micah....
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!