Dutch right-wing politician apologises for saying Jews went to gas chambers 'just like meek lambs'

Mail Online | 10/14/1943 | Ross Ibbetson For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/12/19/14708404-0-image-a-28_1560365429119.jpg

A Dutch right-wing politician has apologised for saying the Jews went to the gas chambers 'just like meek lambs' during the Holocaust.

Toine Beukering, a recently elected Forum for Democracy (FvD) senator, caused outrage on Saturday when he told De Telegraaf newspaper: 'I was always interested in finding out how it was at all possible that the Jews - such a brave people - were driven to the gas chambers just like meek lambs. It has always fascinated me.'

Beukering - Discussion - 'sad - Story - Mass

Beukering's discussion of the 'sad story that should never happen again,' prompted mass criticism, with many describing the heroic resistance by the Jews to the Nazis.

On Tuesday, former brigadier general Beukering told De Telegraaf: 'That was a very awkward comment. I also regret that and I take it back.'

Ronny - Naftaniel - Vice - Chair - Central

Ronny Naftaniel, vice chair of the Central Organization of Dutch Jews, wrote on Saturday: 'I would like to recommend first to read a book about the ghetto uprising in Warsaw, the uprising in Sobibor...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!