On Visibility and Clarity

www.barnhardt.biz | 6/11/2019 | Ann Barnhardt
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Several months ago, during my post-Mass prayer litany, I realized that I was incorrect in one of my daily petitions. See if you can tell how my prayer was wrong:

“May the Church Militant remain visible, and may I always be within easy walking distance of daily Mass in the Tridentine Rite.”

Times - Moment

So there I am, having said this prayer daily over a thousand times, and I had a total record-scratch moment.

May the Church Militant REMAIN VISIBLE? Visibility is an intrinsic constitutive quality of the Church. The Church’s visibility is guaranteed in much the same way that water is wet and time is linear. The Church will always be visible – period. That is 100% guaranteed by God Himself. The issue is, can I, can we SEE IT. Even if one uses the imagery of “eclipse” to describe current events, remember that eclipses are, by definition, highly visible events – awesome and fearful even.

Petition - Church

So, my petition was so very wrong in that it falsely assumed that the Church could ever be “invisible”.

Now, my corrected petition is, “May I always be able to clearly see the Church…”

Antichurch - Ape - True - Church - People

We know that the Antichurch will be built as an ape of the True Church, and that many, if not most people, including many of the Elect will happily traipse into the Antichurch and be lost. It will be so bad that Our Lord said, “But yet the Son of man, when He cometh, shall He find, think you, faith on earth?”

The problem will not be any failure of the Church to remain visible. The failure will not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.barnhardt.biz
Wake Up To Breaking News!