FOLLOW SUNDAYU

SundayU Magazine | 6/10/2019 | bcarneiro
trainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.sundaymag.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/goh-rhy-yan-281695-unsplash.jpg

“Ya’ll must be quick to listen and slow to speak.”

My paraphrase, but you know the verse.

No-no - Things - God

I know this is a big no-no. It is certainly one of those things I have to continuously give to God, and I am confident He has been working on me.

It has dawned on me that this problem is not unique to me. It happens on a larger scale, too.

Church

What happens when the church doesn’t listen?

When it comes to church communication, we are quick to speak. Instagram photo here, tweet there, Facebook event there, plus all the paper goods you distribute on Sunday.

Questions

Are we listening? Are we even asking questions?

Communication has premises that are so basic, we tend to forget them.

Think about it.

Communication requires a sender, a receiver, a message, and a channel. Church communication isn’t any different.

Churches - Churches - Mega - Churches - Receiver

Very often I see churches copying what other churches (aka mega churches) are doing, and they forget to see if their receiver is similar. Or if the channel is adequate.

I am not against sharing. In fact, I think we should share more, but the problem is that churches who copy churches are hopping over identifying an essential element of communication – their receiver.

Church

Not every church needs...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SundayU Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.
Tagged: