Does God Use Dreams To Tell Us Something?

Christian Crier | 6/10/2019 | Staff
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/348/2017/10/SA_160-Jeremia_op_de_puinhopen_van_Jeruzalem-225x300.jpg

Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/348/2019/06/Antonio-Balestra-Prophet-Isaiah-18th-Century-Public-Domain-300x257.jpg

Does God use dreams as a means to tell us something? How will we know if it’s from God?

Horace Vernet, Jeremiah on the ruins of Jerusalem (1844).

Joel - Prophet - Time - God - Spirit

Joel the Prophet wrote of a time to come where God says, “I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions” (Joel 2:28), and several men in the Bible did have dreams and visions. The list is extensive, and includes Isaiah the Prophet, the Apostle Peter, and the Apostle Paul, so in the past, God has used visions and dreams among His Prophets and Apostles as a message; sometimes even inspired Scripture. The vision of the unclean meats shown to Peter was God’s way of saying that salvation is not only for the Jew, but also for the Gentiles (Acts 10:9-16). When the baker and the cup bearer both had dreams, these dreams were sent from God (Gen 40). It was the same case with Pharaoh (Gen 41). Joseph acknowledged that he could not interpret dreams, but only God could do that, but God enabled Joseph to interpret the dreams of these men, so dreams are sometimes a way in which God communicates with people. But, does that mean every dream is from God, or most of our dreams are messages from God? Not likely. God can and does use dreams as a way of telling us something, but whether it’s from God or not can be highly subjective…meaning, we could be wrong! Still, from the many people I’ve heard from and read about, I know God is using dreams in their lives. Surely not in every case, but some were obvious from the end results.

There are so many accounts that I’ve read or...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christian Crier
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: