Many churches on faster rate of decline toward death

www.christianpost.com | 6/9/2019 | Staff
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/15/231509.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

Based upon an aggregate of several research projects, I made some notes of growth and decline rates of churches and summarized my estimates into five categories by worship attendance changes over the previous five-year period. I compiled the following numbers ten years ago:

Week - Exercise - Research - Research - Others

This past week I conducted the same exercise based on some of my updated research and the research of others and estimated the following:

My numbers admittedly are estimates, but they do have some quantitative basis, such as denominational statistics, research by LifeWay Research, and the data available in the increasing number of consultation and coaching requests we receive.

Reality - Numbers - Change - Categories - Decline

Obviously, the staggering reality of these numbers is the pronounced change in the two extreme categories. We are seeing a marked decline in fast-growing churches and a marked increase in churches declining toward death.

As I prayerfully consider these trends, I have a few immediate reactions and thoughts:

Prayer

We need fervent prayer more than ever in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!