True the Vote Wins Stunning Court Ruling Against IRS in Lois Lerner Scandal

canadafreepress.com | 6/8/2019 | News on the Net
applecan (Posted by) Level 3
The True the Vote v. IRS lawsuit has finally come to a close with a stunning ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton ruling in favor of True the Vote; penalizing the IRS with maximum attorneys fees due to their unconstitutional discrimination against the group and their unethical behavior in the case.

This decision marks the end of a nearly decade long battle that first began in 2010, when federal government agencies including the IRS, DOJ, FBI, ATF, OSHA weaponized against True the Vote and its founder, Catherine Engelbrecht. Under Obama Administration leadership, the agencies leveled a barrage of attacks, including twenty-three audits, investigations, and inquiries, against the group in an attempt to stop their work in election integrity.

Vote - Suit - IRS - IRS - Actions

In 2013, True the Vote brought suit against the IRS, seeking to prove that IRS actions were unconstitutional. The ensuing fight cost millions and nearly destroyed the only conservative voters rights organization in America.

True the Vote’s founder Catherine Engelbrecht said, “At the outset of this case, I testified before Congress and swore that I would never retreat or surrender. Today I have fulfilled that oath. Thank you to all the citizens across the country who stood steadfastly beside us. We could not have done it without your support.”

United - States - District - Judge - Reggie

United States District Judge Reggie B. Walton signed a Consent Order that included the IRS admission of wrongdoing and affirmed that prejudice on the basis of an applicant’s name, association, or political viewpoint is an unconstitutional violation of First Amendment rights. Then, in a stunning rebuke of the IRS actions that led to this litigation, Judge Walton also ruled that True the Vote is entitled to a “bad faith enhancement” to its requested attorney’s fees. Judge Walton’s opinion held there is “clear and convincing evidence necessary for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: canadafreepress.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!