Ford Fischer: YouTube Censorship Corrupts the Historical Record

Breitbart | 6/7/2019 | Staff
xxlauzyxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/06/independent-journalist-Ford-Fischer-640x335.jpg

Independent video journalist Ford Fischer warned of online censorship corrupting the historical record via deletion of content documenting live events in a Thursday interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow. He also discussed YouTube’s recent demonetization of his channel — including its removal of some of his videos, which harm his ability to produce independent journalism.

Following Vox Media’s Carlos Maza’s “pro-censorship campaign” against conservative comedian Steven Crowder, Fischer’s YouTube channel was demonetized as part of the Google subsidiary’s expanding political censorship. Fischer’s channel was caught up in what social media users are calling the #VoxAdpocalypse. On Wednesday, Fischer invited followers to support his work via donations to Patreon.

Fischer - Work - Documentation - Activists - Events

Fischer’s work is primarily video documentation of political activists’ events.

“My outlet is basically about raw footage,” explained Fischer. “I go to activists’ situations, protests, usually with two sides possibly in play. … So I go out and I film every side of a situation and I talk to every side of a situation, and I do livestreams and then YouTube videos that basically just display raw footage of the activism that goes on.”

LISTEN

LISTEN:

Fischer continued, “It has very little, if any, commentary from me. We make captions and descriptions that are just enough context to understand what happens, but I really try to present the content in a way that allows the people to make their own decisions as they’re watching it about the points being made by sides of a given conflict.”

Fischer - Outlet - Right-wing - Side - Activism

Fischer went on, “My outlet is not left-wing or right-wing. It doesn’t endorse any particular side of the activism that I’m covering, but a lot of it has focused on extremism or elements that YouTube probably considers to be unsavory, and wouldn’t want those people posting...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!