The Failure of ‘the Gospel’?

The Aquila Report | 6/7/2019 | Staff
idkwatitis (Posted by) Level 3
The second Revoice Conference is taking place June 5-8, 2019 in St. Louis – this time not hosted by a Presbyterian Church in America ( PCA) church, but in a neutral location — thanks to the action taken by the Missouri Presbytery for addressing the issue. However, for many critics of Revoice the presbytery’s conclusions fell short in that, in regard to Memorial Presbyterian Church’s involvement, they “only found errors in poor judgment that originate from such things as imprudence and neglect in both the Pastor and the Church. They found nothing erroneous that ‘strikes at the vitals of religion’” (emphasis added). The reasons for this slap on the wrist, as far as I can discern, have to do with Revoice’s biblical condemnation of homosexual practice; however, their leaving intact, and even encouraging, LGBTQ+ identity, was less troubling in the presbytery’s view. This position seems to me very shortsighted and does not strike at the root of the matter – as though identity is less significant than action. Our hearts are our problem (Matt. 15:16-20).

In answer to Revoice, the God’s Voice Conference was held in Oklahoma City in February 2019. One speaker at the OKC conference had this to say about the difference between the two: “Here’s the difference between God’s Voice and Revoice. God’s Voice believes God can and does change people… Revoice has no power. There is no victory in Revoice. They have lost confidence in the power of Christ’s redemptive work” (Al Baker). There you have it in a nutshell. When we lose confidence in the power of the Gospel to change people, we find ourselves in quandaries like the ones Revoice and its proponents raise within the PCA.

Alarmist - PCA - Denominations

I’m aware that I may be coming off as alarmist and that within the PCA (and the other denominations...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!