MSNBC Hosts Trash Pelosi's 'See Trump in Prison' Line: Like Something from '4th-World Country'

NewsBusters | 6/7/2019 | Staff
fofo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/image143.png

On Thursday night, MSNBC hosts Ari Melber and Chris Matthews were surprisingly tough on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's line reported on Wednesday by Politico that, “I don’t want to see [President Trump] impeached, I want to see him in prison.”

First up was Melber, who stated this during his show The Beat: “Is this the Democrats' version of 'lock her up?' I mean, there was a judicial, legal, process. We've covered it extensively. It did not result in an indictment, whether you like it or not...If she is making prison-esque, jail-esque references....does she risk getting close to a 'lock her up' frame?”

Hour - Hardball - Matthews - Criticism - Pelosi

During the next hour on Hardball, Matthews put the criticism of Pelosi even more starkly to the dismay of former Congressman Joe Crowley (D-NY), who had been a top Pelosi lieutenant:

"Now the Speaker of the House is saying [Trump] ought to be in prison. Imagine that you live in some rinky-dink country out in the world that has always looked up to ours. You know, some fourth-world country, doesn't even have democracy. And here we have the leader of the opposition, saying the other guy ought to be in prison. This is the stuff we used to see in Pakistan in the old days. Defeat the guy, then hang him."

Bloomberg - Shannon - Pettypiece - Pelosi - Comments

Bloomberg's Shannon Pettypiece tried to downplay Pelosi's comments, but Matthews stood firm and wasn't having it (click “expand”):

MATTHEWS: But I don't believe she will be for impeachment a year from now. See you do that, but, Shannon, All the reporting said she is delaying. He’s saying “I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!