Margot Robbie Explains Why Playing Sharon Tate Was Such a 'Strange Challenge'

PEOPLE.com | 6/6/2019 | Staff
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Margot Robbie found herself in uncharted territory when she stepped into the role of Sharon Tate for Quentin Tarantino’s latest movie.

Robbie, who appears on the latest cover of Vogue, explained why playing the innocent and happy Tate in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was harder than some of her more intense roles, like her Oscar-nominated turn in I, Tonya.

Challenge - Robbie - Tonya - Harding - Weights

“It was such a strange challenge,” Robbie said. “I find it much easier to go dark and angry. With Tonya [Harding], I wanted to go really heavy, almost like she had weights on her feet. This time I was trying to do the reverse.”

Robbie plays Tate in Tarantino’s love letter to Hollywood. As Tate, Robbie flits through the screen bringing to life one of cinema’s most beloved stars before her untimely death on August 9, 1969, at the hands of Charles Manson’s Family.

Controversy - Tate - Role - Film - Leonardo

There has been recent controversy about Tate’s role in the upcoming film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.

Tarantino, 56, had a curt response for a female reporter from The New York Times at the Cannes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?