FOLLOW SUNDAYU

SundayU Magazine | 6/3/2019 | Seth Muse
Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.sundaymag.tv/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/troll-2-1.jpg

THERE ARE ANY NUMBER OF MAGICAL BEASTS LURKING ONLINE IN OUR SOCIAL FEEDS.

The internet has all manner of trolls, snipes, Rick-Rollers, Soothsayers, and Calvinists.

Justin - Dean - Church - Conference - Communications

Not long ago, I sat down with Justin Dean of That Church Conference and former Communications Director at Mars Hill in Seattle to talk further about handling online trolls and magical beasts.

It’s episode 28 of The Seminary of Hard Knocks Podcast. Check that out if you’re interested in hearing more (it’s super fun).

Maybe that’s a little overdramatic. But am I wrong?

As a church communicator in charge of social media accounts, there will come a time in which you must dispatch a creature like a troll or a cat-lover, so you must be prepared.

PREVENTATIVE - MEASURES

PREVENTATIVE MEASURES:

Ways to avoid these creatures altogether without baiting them.

Reason - Subject - Family - Reunions - Everyone

There’s a reason you don’t bring this subject up at family reunions. Bringing it up on social could ruin everyone’s good time as well. You might be right about an issue, but imagine going to your friend’s family reunion and two of their family members start to name-call and argue about politics in front of you. Awkward city. You wouldn’t go back, would you?

I’m not saying that you should pretend the world is only made of unicorns and butterflies, but staying generally upbeat is a nice break from the rest of social sometimes. Wouldn’t you like your page to be a safe place where others can relax and let the guard down?

Sarcasm - Mean - Something

Oh really? Sarcasm doesn’t translate? Does it just come off as mean? It’s not as funny as I thought? Oh really? I guess you could be boring or something.

LEAVE THE INTRICATE THEOLOGY TO THE PASTOR ON SUNDAYS.

Trolls - Articles - Thoughts - Scripture - Devoid

Trolls typically are not that up to speed on what they are trolling about. Posting articles or thoughts deeper than a Scripture graphic devoid of context can be troll...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SundayU Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: