PICTURED: Mother of three who lost footing and fell 150 feet to her death at Lake Tahoe waterfall

Mail Online | 6/2/2019 | Ariel Zilber;Leah Mcdonald For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/03/00/14278840-0-image-a-31_1559517117928.jpg

A 35-year-old mother-of-three from California has been identified as the young woman who died after she lost her footing and plunged to her death at Eagle Falls near Lake Tahoe on Friday.

Stephanie Espinosa, who lived in the San Francisco Bay area, was sitting in one of the pools of water near the waterfall in Emerald Bay.

El - Dorado - County - Sheriff - Office

According to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office, she reached for a tree branch to hold onto when she slipped and was swept over a waterfall.

An initial statement by the North Tahoe Fire Protection District implied that Espinosa slipped as she was trying to take a selfie.

'This - Reminder - Selfies - Photos - Areas

It said: 'This is a sad reminder to be cautious when taking selfies and other photos in dangerous areas.

'Don't under estimate the power of water falls, rivers, and cold water temperatures.'

Brother - Nick - Martinez - Sister - Phone

But her brother, Nick Martinez, said his sister did not have her phone on her.

'When I go back to my furthest memory in life, it’s with her,' he told CBS13.

'She - Sister - Mother

'She is my older sister but has been more of a mother to me.

'The whole reason why I”m doing this with you guys is to clear up the articles, they...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!