Mother’s terrifying Triple-0 call after her fourteen-month-old boy was taken from caravan by a Dingo

Mail Online | 6/2/2019 | Brittany Chain For Daily Mail Australia
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/02/13/14263470-0-image-a-69_1559480223260.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/02/6626842265960530317/1024x576_MP4_6626842265960530317.mp4

The parents of a baby who was dragged out of their caravan by a dingo have recalled their terror during the frantic Triple-0 call pleading with officers to save their boy.

Sarah and Luke Allister considered themselves experienced campers, and took 'all the necessary precautions' when they took their daughter, Harper, and son, Hunter, camping on Fraser Island, off the Queensland Coast, on April 19.

Midnight - Ms - Allister - Sound - Son

But at about midnight, Ms Allister was woken to the sound of her 14-month-old son's cries - and they were becoming more distant with each passing second.

She woke her husband, who agreed Hunter was no longer in the tent and sprung into action.

Dingo - Baby - Scruff - Neck - Dense

When he got outside, he saw a dingo had their baby by the scruff of his neck and was dragging him into dense bush land.

Mr Allister told 60 Minutes he was prepared to do whatever it took to get his baby back, but the dingo 'cowered' when he got close enough.

Lot - Blood - Mr - Allister

'I picked him up and realised there was a lot of blood. And he was screaming, but I was so glad he was crying because I was so scared of what it meant if he stopped crying,' Mr Allister said.

Ms Allister and her mother ran off in the pitch black in an attempt to get a better signal to call emergency services.

Hunter - Grandmother - Phone - Call - Family

Eventually, Hunter's grandmother got through. The harrowing phone call reiterated how concerned his family were.

His mother and grandmother feared he was going to die before the ambulance arrived.

Ambulance - Helicopter - Baby

'We need an ambulance,' she said. 'Please get a helicopter, the baby is dying.

'He is wet all through with blood... its dripping...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!