Wrestling legend Ric Flair, 70, says he is alive only thanks to his '$1.8million miracle' surgery

Mail Online | 5/31/2019 | Daily Mail Reporter
Les7799 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/31/20/14211936-0-image-a-3_1559332611100.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/11/08/8879141864606945211/1024x576_MP4_8879141864606945211.mp4

Wrestling legend Ric Flair made a pair of YouTube videos to announce that he is 'feeling great' after undergoing a recent surgery at an Atlanta-area hospital - a procedure he claims cost around $1.8 million.

'First of all, thank you to my beautiful family to all my friends, to all the doctors, nurses, everybody that brought me back again,' the 70-year-old said in one video, which had the feel of a wrestling promos. 'It's a miracle again. It's a $1.8 million tune-up on the Nature Boy. That's how much all this has cost. Thank God for insurance! Well almost all the insurance. A lot of cash out of our pockets.

Son - Gun - Forward

'But that's OK because I lived and I'm living here to tell you the kiss-stealing, wheeling-dealing, limousine-riding, jet-flying son of a gun is not gonna change, slow down. I'm gonna move forward.'

Last week, Flair's wife Wendy Barlow announced he was in the recovery room after a successful surgery.

Procedure - TMZ - Time - Emergency - Cardiomyopathy

The exact procedure was not disclosed, but TMZ reported at the time that he was hospitalized due to a 'very serious' medical emergency. He had previously admitted to suffering from alcoholic cardiomyopathy, which is a heart problem caused by prolonged alcohol abuse.

His son-in-law Conrad Thompson told Fightful.com that Flair had a planned procedure, which was later delayed several days due to complications.

Spite - Health - Problems - Problems - Alcohol

In spite of his health problems and admitted problems with alcohol, Flair said he still has 'friends to have a cold beer [with],' adding that if that friend is wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin, that might 'mean two cold beers.'

Flair's two YouTube videos primarily emphasized how happy he is to be alive ('I'm up; I'm well; I'm feeling great'), but also his stubbornness in the face of his doctors' advice.

Age - Flair - Doctors

'I'm not going to act like my age,' Flair said while discussing the doctors. 'Don't...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!