Why Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Star Rick Moranis Left the Spotlight: I Have 'No Regrets'

PEOPLE.com | 5/31/2019 | Staff
Kota79Kota79 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/gettyimages-56481227.jpg?crop=0px,233px,1800px,945px&resize=1200,630

Whatever happened to Rick Moranis?

The Honey, I Shrunk the Kids star, 66, was a box office star in the 1980s and 1990s with hits like Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II, Little Shop of Horrors, Spaceballs and The Flintstones.

Moranis - Decision - Hiatus

Moranis left it all behind in 1997 when he made the decision to take a long hiatus.

So, what changed?

Actor - Wife - Designer - Ann - Belsky

The actor lost his wife, costume designer Ann Belsky, in February 1991 to breast cancer, with whom he had two children. Moranis slowly left public life to focus on being a single father, but he’s never retired from the business, as he told The Hollywood Reporter in 2015.

“I took a break, which turned into a longer break,” he told THR at the time. “But I’m interested in anything that I would find interesting. I still get the occasional query about a film or television role and as soon as one comes along that piques my interest.”

Comedian - Hollywood - Fold - Role - Ghostbusters

The comedian has already been invited back into the Hollywood fold, most notably for a role in 2016’s female-driven Ghostbusters reboot, which included his former costars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Sigourney Weaver.

Moranis turned down the role, though.

Publication - Sense - Day - Something - Years

“I wish them well,” he told the publication. “I hope it’s terrific. But it just makes no sense to me. Why would I do just one day of shooting on something I did 30 years ago?”

While Moranis left Hollywood to focus on being present for his children, he didn’t express regret at his decision.

“I was working with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The truth fairly and honestly presented, will be spun as a lie by a politician.