Review: Disneyland’s ‘Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run’ Ride Let’s You Explore the Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy – and Then Pilot It

/Film | 5/29/2019 | Peter Sciretta
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/millenium-falcon-smugglers-run-at-star-wars-galaxys-edge-e1559151808195-768x392.jpg

Tucked into Black Spire Outpost on the Planet Batuu (actually Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland in Anaheim, California), you will find an infamous ship parked at the local port: the Millennium Falcon. And yes, seeing it in-person is amazing.

This life-size recreation of the iconic ship is so much bigger than I ever expected. There is a real difference between seeing it in the movies and seeing it right in front of you. It’s a really cool sight and I’m sure tons of people will be taking photos with it. Disney Photo Pass photographers are stationed around the ship to take your picture, although they might inquire why you want to take a photo with this “hunk of junk” (Yes, even the Disneyland photographers are trained to act in-character.) In fact, the old freighter is under repair and service, and I’ve heard that if you’re lucky and arrive at the right time, you might find Chewbacca underneath the ship, hard at work. The Falcon occasionally sprays mist, and you can hear the crew running tests on the old ship. You might even see them power up the engines to give it a spin.

Photo - Opportunity - Entrance - Millennium - Falcon

But this isn’t just a photo opportunity. It’s also the entrance to the Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run attraction. The queue line for the ride takes you all around the ship: you’ll see it from behind, from above, and yes, even from inside. And then you get to pilot it.

Reminder: Starting tomorrow, we will be posting videos from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Please subscribe to the Ordinary Adventures YouTube channel to be alerted of those videos.

Story - Chewbacca - Falcon - Black - Spire

The story so far: Chewbacca brought the Falcon to Black Spire Outpost for repairs at this spaceport on the edge of the galaxy after the events of The Last Jedi. In exchange for some...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!