‘Child’s Play’ TV Spot: There’s Something Wrong With Chucky

/Film | 5/29/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/childs-play-tv-spot.jpg

Little by little, the marketing for the Child’s Play remake has been giving us clearer glimpses of the new Chucky. A new TV spot continues that trend, revealing Chucky brandishing a big knife and causing plenty of mayhem. Will it be enough to win over the skeptics? Decide for yourself by watching the new Child’s Play TV spot below.

If you’ve been following my coverage of Child’s Play here at /Film, you know by now I’m conflicted about this film. As a big fan of the original, still on-going franchise, this entire endeavor bothers me a bit. And yet, the film has attracted strong talent (Aubrey Plaza! Brian Tyree Henry! Mark Hamill!), and the footage released so far has been surprisingly good.

Chucky - Though - Mark - Hamill - Choice

I’m still not sold on the new Chucky though. Mark Hamill is a great choice to provide the voice, and I’m happy director Lars Klevberg used a puppet to bring Chucky to life instead of resorting to CGI. But the brief footage of that puppet doesn’t quite seem right – and I can’t put my finger on why. Is it because this new Chucky has...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!