Drag 101: Public Library Program Will Teach Teens ‘How To Do Drag’

Conservative Tribune | 5/28/2019 | Wilmot
Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2019/05/Selena-T.-West.jpg

America is the land of freedom. That’s what makes us great.

You can do, see or learn practically anything here — including how to become a drag queen from a former Miss Gay Ohio America. If that’s your thing, go to town, though I personally wouldn’t pay money for it.

Therein - Problem - Taxpayer - Delaware - County

And therein lies the problem: If you’re a taxpayer, particularly one in Delaware County, Ohio, you are paying money for it, whether you like it or not.

“Curious about the art of drag and no idea where to start?” the listing for the “Drag 101” program on Delaware County District Library’s website reads.

Come - Basics - Miss - Gay - Ohio

“Come learn the basics with former Miss Gay Ohio America and local queen, Selena T. West! We will learn about the application of makeup and creating characters, as well as the history of drag. All genders welcome! Teens only, please.”

Move over, Drag Queen Story Hour.

WCMH - West - Relative - Drag - Royalty

As WCMH noted, West is a “relative of drag royalty Nina West.”

Selena West, who says his “boy name is Kyle Gayle,” aims to teach “the building blocks of how to do drag” during the June 5 class.

Program - Years - George - Needham - Director

“This is probably the most controversial program I’ve ever worked with in 40 years,” George Needham, director of the Delaware County District Library, told WCMH.

Now, read this quote about his reaction to the controversy and see if you notice an issue with Needham’s motives: “You know, if it helps to add to the education of the community, if it helps to add some civil discourse, I’ll take a news crew every week.”

I’m certain he would.

Melissa Ackison, a challenger for an Ohio state Senate seat in 2020, is one of the highest-profile critics of the program.

Concern - Are - Checks

“My first concern was: Are there background checks for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: