MEDITATION MONDAY – AWED BY UNIQUENESS

Godspacelight | 5/27/2019 | Staff
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Awe-and-wonder.001.jpeg

These words sent chills (the good kind) through my body, covering me in goosebumps and sending my brain into high gear this last week. We live in a world of generalism. Advertisements tell us we should look the same and act the same and we expect others to adhere to our unspoken generalism rules. Competitiveness tells us we should look or act like someone else only better.

Yet we are all created unique. Every cell, every hand, foot, eye, face, in fact every part of us is unique and as we grow and age the changes in our bodies are unique too. I gaze at my silvery hair still streaked with a few strands of black. I run my hands over my face, through the wrinkles under my eyes and the smile lines around my mouth. I examine the sunspots on my hands -myriads of them small like stars coming out in the night sky, others brown and threatening growing like storm clouds gathering in the sky. They are part of who I am, part of the uniqueness that God has gifted to my body. I relish them. I am a unique creation filled with awe and wonder.

Uniqueness - Ourselves - World - Power - Generalism

What if we all focused on this uniqueness in ourselves, in each other and in the created world and looked beyond the power of generalism and competitiveness?

Read Psalm 139:13-18 here quoted from The Voice, and think about your uniqueness. Run your hands over your face. Look at it in the mirror. Admire the uniqueness with which you are created.

For You shaped me, inside and out.

You knitted me together in my mother’s womb long before I took my first breath.

Heart - Creation - Wonder - Awe

14 I will offer You my grateful heart, for I am Your unique creation, filled with wonder and awe.

You have approached even the smallest details with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.