For Your Memorial Day: Six Ways to Find Peace
in a Hectic World

(in)courage | 5/27/2019 | Staff
blockstyle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/05272019_JenniferDukesLee_LookToJesus-1200x858.jpg

Our family will visit the cemetery today. Someone from the American Legion will hand us poppies. The pastor will say a few words to those who’ve gathered.

And then, we will bow our heads for a moment of silence. No one will speak. The air will fill with birdsong and the sound of flags flapping in the breeze.

Moment - Peace - Hearts

In that moment, I will pray as I always pray: for peace to rule in hearts everywhere.

That’s how I’ve celebrated Memorial Day since I was a kid – with a few moments in a cemetery, observing and remembering. Maybe your Memorial Day looks similar to mine. Or maybe you’ll spend your day at a lake or a park or around the grill in your backyard. Wherever you may be today, may your day be filled with peace. And may you find a way to share a bit of your peace with the people around you.

World - Peace - Days

The world feels short on peace these days, doesn’t it?

Mother Teresa once said, “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” I worry, sometimes, that we forget that we really are in this together. It’s a noisy, hectic, I’m-right-you’re-wrong world out there. Today, I want to make a special effort to be less concerned with making a point and more concerned with making some peace.

Peace - Earth - Song

If there really is going to be peace on earth, as the song says, “Let it begin with me.”

or in a world groaning under its own weight . . .

Peace - Peace - Earth

if there be peace here, or if there be peace anywhere on earth, then let it begin with me.

Here are six ways you can create peace in your life today:

Serve - Someone - Wrong - World

Serve someone. There’s so much wrong in this world,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: