Scott Pelley Alleges He Lost ‘Evening News’ Anchor Job for Complaints About Work Culture

Variety | 5/26/2019 | Brian Steinberg
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/rexfeatures_8428545ac.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Just as CBS News is pushing to turn a corner on a more than a year of internal turmoil, veteran anchor Scott Pelley shone a light back on to its recent past.

The anchor, a veteran of CBS News’ “60 Minutes” and “CBS Evening News” alleged Sunday that he was taken off CBS’ evening-news broadcast in 2017 after raising complaints internally about the news division’s workplace culture. “We’ve been through a dark period of the last several years of incompetent management and sort of a hostile work environment within the news division,” Pelley said during a segment on the CNN program “Reliable Sources.” He added: “I lost my job at the ‘Evening News’ because I wouldn’t stop complaining to management about the hostile work environment.”

Pelley - Concerns - Management - CBS - News

Pelley alleged he took his concerns to senior management at CBS News as well as the chairman of CBS Corp.

CBS News and CBS Corp. were not able to issue an immediate comment. David Rhodes, former president of CBS News, did not respond immediately to a message seeking comment.

Los - Angeles - Nia - Long - Leslie

'NCIS: Los Angeles'' Nia Long on Leslie Moonves Allegations: 'There Has to Be a Process'

The remarks are the latest to indicate the troubled culture that incubated at CBS Corp. and CBS News over a period of time. Tensions at the unit first came to light after former “CBS This Morning” co-anchor Charlie Rose was ousted in the wake of several women claiming he had made unwanted sexual advances on them, predominantly under the aegis of his long-running PBS program, “Charlie Rose.” Other allegations were made against the work environment at “60 Minutes” as it was run under former executive producer Jeff Fager. Fager has denied claims made against him, and left CBS News last year. CBS...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!