From Living on $5 a Day to $1 Million Paychecks: How Life Has Completely Changed for the Game of Thrones Stars

E! Online | 5/26/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2019319/rs_600x600-190419111933-600.sophie-turner.cl.041919.jpg?fit=around%7C600:467&crop=600:467;center,top&output-quality=90

After being cast as one of the book's most beloved characters in the series' second season, Christie, who had previously appeared The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, was surprised by the fan reaction: she was too pretty to play the knight.

"All my life, all I've ever wanted is for people to say— first of all —I'm pretty. But ‘too pretty'? Is amazing," she told EW. "I also loved that they said, ‘Who's this model?' I only ever wanted to be a model. This acting thing—three years of drama school — is an accident! I was like, 'Wow, they think I'm a model?' I didn't mind it at all. I knew all the things I wanted to do to become the part. I've always been able to look very different very easily."

Martin - Showrunners - Actress - Choice - Brienne

For Martin and the showrunners, the 6'4" actress was their only choice for Brienne, with the author writing on his blog, "This was another one of those cases where there was hardly any debate. The day the first batch of auditions went up for the role, we looked at a dozen actresses who were reading for Brienne and one actress who WAS Brienne. Gwendoline gave a great reading, and her look was just perfect."

Her time on Game of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!