‘Game of Thrones’ Round-Up: Most Fans Liked the Finale, Gwendoline Christie Reacts to Correctly Predicting the Ending, and George R.R. Martin Sets a ‘Winds of Winter’ Deadline

/Film | 5/24/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/game-of-thrones-finale.jpg

Our watch may be over when it comes to HBO’s Game of Thrones, but I have a feeling it’ll be a long time before we’re done talking about this show. In today’s quick round-up: a new poll might reframe the conversation around last Sunday’s series finale, actress Gwendoline Christie is “pathetically thrilled” that she correctly predicted the ending of the show two years ago, and author George R.R. Martin has set a deadline for himself to finish the next book in his A Song of Ice and Fire saga, The Winds of Winter.

The Hollywood Reporter teamed up with Morning Consult to create a poll asking people what they thought about the Game of Thrones finale. Of the 314 who watched it, over half (63%) said they liked the finale “some” or “a lot,” with just over one-third (34%) responding that they “didn’t really like it” or “didn’t really like it at all.” Those percentages may be surprising to some, considering the amplified negativity about the final season online over the past several weeks. Then again, it was a long episode, and the probability that any viewer would at least like “some” of what happened seems high to me. So maybe the lesson here is that we shouldn’t try to quantify reactions to art with statistics!

Years - Gwendoline - Christie - Ser - Brienne

Two years ago, Gwendoline Christie (Ser Brienne of Tarth) accurately predicted who would sit on the Iron Throne – but she seems a bit embarrassed about getting it right. “I am slightly, pathetically thrilled that I got it right,” Christie said in a new interview with IndieWire. “When I read the script, I gasped and thought, ‘Oh, I was right'”:

“I thought it would be Bran because I thought it would be the least likely person. In my mind what ‘Game of Thrones’ has always done is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!