Chrissy Teigen admits she felt 'embarrassed' by her postpartum depression diagnosis

Mail Online | 5/24/2019 | Rebecca Lawrence For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/24/15/13914584-0-image-a-156_1558707880363.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/31/9151976664621432523/1024x576_MP4_9151976664621432523.mp4

Chrissy Teigen has admitted she felt 'embarrassed' that she suffered with postpartum depression after the birth of her daughter.

The model, 33, was prescribed antidepressants and began going to therapy after welcoming Luna in 2016, but didn't want to admit she was suffering.

Chat - PorterEdit - 'I - Postpartum - Depression

In a candid chat with PorterEdit, she explained: 'I felt bad [about having postpartum depression] because we had so many resources.'

She continued: 'John was great and helpful. My mom was here… I was embarrassed.'

Chrissy - Son - Miles - Months - Husband

Chrissy, who also has son Miles, 12 months, with husband John Legend, initially chose to keep her diagnosis secret, but later shared an open letter about her experience in a bid to help other women who were suffering in silence.

Speaking to PorterEdit, the mother-of-two also revealed that she suffered with mental health problems in her childhood, but dismissed the severity of the issue.

'I - Lexapro - Antidepressant - Teenager - Turkey

She recalled: 'I was prescribed Lexapro [an antidepressant] when I was a teenager, and then I just quit cold turkey, not thinking it was a real thing.

'I thought everyone had problems like mine, like it was part of life.'

Chrissy - Experiences - Relationship - Family

Chrissy now speaks candidly about her past experiences, and revealed her relationship with her family is better than ever.

Discussing the secret behind her six-year marriage with John, she mused: 'John and I believe a lot of different things. He shares his view, I'll explain mine. And it's just a dinner conversation for us.

Knows - Everything - Everything

'He knows everything I don't know. I know everything he doesn't know! That's why it works.'

She also credited her other half with helping her become more politically engaged, explaining: 'John's always been very politically active, and I probably wouldn't be if I wasn't with him. Seeing his passion is incredible.'

Chrissy - John

Chrissy also recalled when she first started dating John,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!