Heckuva Thing to Admit: I Made Mayor Pete

The Rush Limbaugh Show | 5/23/2019 | George Prayias
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/APP-052319-Mayor-Pete.jpg

RUSH: Mayor Pete did his Fox News town hall. He ended up getting a standing ovation from the Fox News town hall audience. Donald Trump, the president, was not amused. A lot of people were shocked and surprised. I wasn’t. In fact, my friends, I’m actually feeling a little guilty. Mayor Pete may not even be happening were it not for me, and that’s a heck of a thing to have to admit.

Let me tell the story for you. I had a friend in town for a member-guest golf tournament, my guest is in town, and this guest is in the news business. The Democrats were doing a bunch of town halls at South by Southwest in Austin, and I think this was either a Friday or Saturday night. And my guest said, “We gotta watch ’em.”

Way - Golf - Weekend

I said, “Come on. No way. This is a golf weekend. We’re not gonna watch.”

“I gotta watch it. Come on. It will be fun! You gotta watch with me.”

“I don’t want to watch.”

“You got to. I have to.”

Host - Democrats - Tulsi - Gabbard - Hawaii

I’m a good host, so I turn it on. And the two Democrats that we saw were Tulsi Gabbard from Hawaii, who basically had one reason for running for president. She wants to serve. In fact, we played a drinking game. Every time she mentioned serve, serving, service. Gulp, gulp, gulp. So we were well lubricated by the time Mayor Pete’s turn came.

So here comes Mayor Pete, and I vaguely was familiar with the guy, but I didn’t know much about him other than the fact that he was the mayor of South Bend, Indiana and he’s young and he’s gay and he has a husband and he likes to kiss the husband in front of cameras. And I said, “Okay. Well, this could be good.”

So we’re...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Rush Limbaugh Show
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: