3 Ways to Get More ★★★★★ Google Reviews for Your Church

lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.ourchurch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/850-8.jpg

Click For Photo: https://www.ourchurch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/quote-ourchurch-when-it-comes-to-online-reviews.jpg

Continuing our blog series, What is Church SEO? The number of Google reviews is one of the biggest factors in Google’s local search algorithm.

Take a moment and see for yourself:

Google - Church - City

Google “church in [your city].”

Look under the map at the “Local 3 Pack,” add together the number of reviews the 3 churches there have, and divide by 3 to get the average number of reviews.

Scroll - Bottom - Results - Number - Reviews

Scroll down to the bottom of the top 20 results, add together the number of reviews of the 3 last 3 churches listed (positions 18, 19 & 20), and divide by 3 to get the average number of reviews.

Big difference, right?

Google - Reviews - Church

How do you get more Google reviews for your church?

1) Add a Google My Business icon/link in the header or footer of your website.

Churches - Media - Icons - Profiles - Sites

Churches often put social media icons that link to their profiles on social sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Add an icon and link to your Google My Business listing. Some of your members will see the icon, click and post a review. It also helps visitors to see all the good reviews your church already has.

2) Post a request for reviews to social media.

Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Media - Sites

If you use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media sites, post a request for reviews to your social channels and include a link to your Google My Business listing. When you do, let people know that by posting a review, they are helping to improve your church’s search rankings, which will help your church connect with more people online. Positive reviews citing specific ways God has used your church to change people’s lives help motivate potential visitors to visit on Sunday...
Wake Up To Breaking News!