ABOUT SHELOVES

SheLoves Magazine | 5/22/2019 | Brenda-Lee Sasaki
Mireille (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://shelovesmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/brenda-lee-sasaki-the-power-of-a-place-holder-2.png

I always have more than one book on the go. In fact, I’m usually reading eight or 10 books at a time, including the audiobooks I’ve lovingly queued on my library app and three or four work-related research books. When I look across my desk or on the floor in my office or even piled three-deep on my bedside table, I find myself letting out a satisfied sigh when I see those little scraps of paper, brass darts or colored tassels peeking out from between the pages.

I love bookmarks. They are holding my place. They are waiting for me to return. Patient. Attentive. Never frantic or judgmental.

Place - Place - Disruption - Flow - Way

I found myself curious about this idea—holding one’s place. How utterly inconsequential it is, yet we all do it. We want to remember where we left off, so we can go back to it and carry on. Holding our place recognizes that a disruption has broken the flow, it stopped us in some way from continuity and consistency. And inherently it knows we long to return.

I am currently in the midst of a six-week international journey. This includes taking eight flights, two to Asia and the rest going to and from Africa, with stops all over North America, Europe and the African continent. I am both unbelievably scared and absolutely astounded at these opportunities to serve with teams and organizations that are doing beautiful and wholehearted work in their respective fields.

Details - Stories - People - Place - Home

While the details of how these both came about, are redemptive stories unto themselves, they became possible because people who deeply love and care for me were willing to hold my place at home.

They are the ones who mark the spot where I left off and with gracious patience wait for my return. Yes, they carry on with their own lives and the things...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SheLoves Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.
Tagged: