Jennifer Garner offers life tips in her return to her alma mater to deliver commencement speech

Mail Online | 5/22/2019 | Kevin Kayhart For Dailymail.com
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/23/00/13838070-0-image-a-23_1558569316571.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/04/5021438161240868035/1024x576_MP4_5021438161240868035.mp4

Jennifer Garner returned to her alma mater of Denison University in Granville, Ohio last weekend to deliver the commencement speech to the graduates and receive an honorary doctorate degree.

Being the mom who's always trying to fight the good fight in life, the actress, 47, used much of her time at the podium to offer words of wisdom mixed in with a healthy dose of funny anecdotes.

Denisonu - Friend - Professor - Alma - Mater

'When your dear @denisonu friend becomes a beloved professor at your alma mater and hoods you with an honorary doctorate of humane letters...it is a very good day,' Garner captioned an edited video of her speech that was posted on Instagram along with the hashtags: '#markbryan #ilovetheclassof2019 #♥️denisonuniversity♥️'

After some flattering words from the university president, Garner was officially bestowed with an honorary degree, Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, by her friend, fellow alum and chair of the theater department, Dr. Mark Evans Bryan.

Realize - Opportunity - Thank - Faculty - Garner

'I realize I have the rare, and who knows, maybe last opportunity to say thank you to the faculty,' Garner began her speech with great honor and humility.

After a brief joke about her bad grammar in the opening of the speech, the 1994 graduate then praised the university for helping give her 'a life of adventure and fun and the tools to deal with more than I could have ever imagined being thrown at me... thank you from the bottom of my heart I am so grateful.'

Garner - Portion - Time - Podium - Life

Garner used a good portion of her time at the podium to offer eight life tips that graduates can hold on to at the request of Dr. Bryan, her friend who nominated her for the day's commence honor.

'First don’t walk down the Grand Canyon to see what it looks like from the bottom. It’s great from the top – you should do that. But when...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!