Harriet Tubman will NOT appear on the $20 bill next year, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin reveals

Mail Online | 5/22/2019 | Reuters
megzmegz123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/22/23/13836056-0-image-a-53_1558565517257.jpg

The U.S. Treasury will not introduce a redesigned $20 bill picturing escaped slave and abolitionist Harriet Tubman next year as planned, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Wednesday.

In 2016, the Treasury Department said it would replace former President Andrew Jackson's image on the front of the bill with that of Tubman by 2020, along with redesigns of the $5 and $10 bill.

President - Donald - Trump - Inclusion - Tubman

President Donald Trump has called the inclusion of Tubman on the $20 bill an example of 'pure political correctness.'

As a presidential candidate, Trump suggested Tubman would be better-suited for the $2 bill, a note that is not widely circulated.

Mnuchin - Hearing - House - Financial - Services

Mnuchin said during a hearing with the House Financial Services committee he was focused on redesigning the bills to address counterfeiting issues, not making any changes to their imagery.

'We will meet the security feature redesign (goal) in 2020. The imagery feature will not be an issue that comes up until most likely 2026,' Mnuchin told lawmakers.

Decision - Way - Term - Term - President

'It is not a decision that is likely to come until way past my term, even if I serve a second term for the president, so I am not focused on that at the moment,'...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!