New Jersey cop, 26, is charged with manslaughter after killing man, 46, after he fled traffic stop

Mail Online | 5/22/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/23/01/13838512-0-image-a-18_1558569969192.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/22/6117249527247450202/1024x576_MP4_6117249527247450202.mp4

Bodycam footage from the moment a New Jersey police officer fatally shot a suspect in the head during a car chase has been released as he was indicted for aggravated manslaughter Tuesday.

Newark Police Department officer Jovanny Crespo, 26, is heard repeatedly telling the driver of the law enforcement vehicle that he shot Gregory Griffin, 46, whose 35-year-old passenger Andrew Dixon was critically injured in the January 28 incident.

Male - Cops - Chase - Officer - Radio

The male cops joined the chase after a female officer had reported via radio seeing a gun in the vehicle during a traffic stop at Clinton Avenue and Thomas Street.

However the suspect took off in the car triggering a number of patrol vehicles to go after him around 11.20pm.

Crespo - Police - Driver - Car - Suspect

As Crespo constantly instructs the police driver to stop the car so he can get out and reach the suspect the other officer keeps telling him to relax as he is heard breathing heavily.

Crespo is seen shooting directly at the suspect car and into the driver side dark tinted window.

Attempts - Vehicle - Intersections - Crespo - Partner

During the numerous attempts to stop the vehicle and leaping out at various intersections Crespo tells his partner Hector Ortiz: 'I shot at him, bro.'

'Bro, he pointed the gun right at me,' Griffin - who had worked for the police department for about 18 months at the time - says once back in the vehicle.

Police - Car - Rounds - Car - Crespo

After exiting the police car again and firing rounds into the car Crespo tells his colleague he not only shot the fleeing traffic stop suspect but his passenger too.

He says: 'I shot him in the head' and 'I shot both of them.'

Officers - Cars - Passenger - Dixon - Car

Officers from other cars are seen pulling passenger Dixon from the car as Crespo demands he and Griffin get out. But Griffin...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!