Lisa Vanderpump apologizes for transphobic joke aimed at Erika Girardi

Mail Online | 5/22/2019 | Justin Enriquez For Dailymail.com
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/22/23/13835248-0-image-a-68_1558562828542.jpg

Lisa Vanderpump has apologized over a transphobic joke she made about Erika Girardi on the most recent episode of the Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills.

The 58-year-old star was reflecting on the results of her lie detector test during a confessional on Tuesday's episode when she poked fun at her 47-year-old co-star with a comment that some felt 'marginalized' the LGBTQ community.

'Just - Erika - Tucking - Something - Things

She said: 'Just don’t ask me if Erika's tucking or something like that because there are some things I can’t lie about.'

Many viewers were outraged at the quip as many thought Vanderpump was implying that Girardi was transgender and has to 'tuck' in male genitalia.

Lisa - Rinna - 'Who - Lvp - LBGTQ

Fellow co-star Lisa Rinna wrote: 'Who know Lvp was transphobic? Well, we know NOW! #LBGTQ'

Girardi did not respond to the joke but did retweet transgender actress Candis Cayne who took umbrage with it.

Star - Dirty - Sexy - Money - Twitter

The 47-year-old star formally of Dirty Sexy Money took to Twitter to post the clip and said: 'Oh come on @lisavanderpump joking about @erikajayne "tucking" Ugly Trans jokes marginalizing our community are not acceptable. Being an ally doesn’t give you a free pass.

'To make transphobic remarks. Do better.'

Vanderpump - Statement - Six - Wednesday - Joke

Vanderpump gave a statement to Page Six on Wednesday to apologize for the insensitive joke as she said: 'It was not my intention to belittle the trans community with my poor choice of words directed toward Erika.

'I have nothing but respect and love for trans people around the world, as I have been a staunch supporter, provided employment offered emotional support and championed LGBTQ issues.

News - Trans - Women - Lives - Truth

'With recent news of trans women losing their lives for living their authentic truth in a world of discrimination and hate, I never want to diminish the very real pain and struggle that trans people go through every day.'

She did not give any direct apology to Girardi in the statement and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!