‘The Bachelorette’ Hannah Brown on Why She Feels Empowered to Own Her Sexuality on National TV

Variety | 5/22/2019 | Elizabeth Wagmeister
gracey (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/hannah-brown-the-bachelorette.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Hannah Brown is one of the most honest stars of “The Bachelorette” the franchise has ever seen, and in just the two weeks her season has been airing, the reality star’s willingness to be open has gotten a lot of attention — specifically, a moment in which she firmly exclaims, “I have had sex and Jesus still loves me.”

The attention-getting line was teased in ABC’s promo for the entire season, prompting viewers to wonder about the context, though it appears Brown is defending herself to one of the male contestants who is judging her for her own choices.

Brown - Miss - Alabama - USA - Instagram

Brown, who was Miss Alabama USA in 2018 and uses the Instagram handle @alabamahannah, declined to comment on her state’s restrictive abortion ban when asked by Variety during a recent interview. But she proudly says she is not afraid to speak her mind and own her sexuality on national TV.

“I don’t think it was a choice in that time,” Brown says when asked about the “Jesus still loves me” line. “It was necessary for me to feel like I needed to say to feel empowered and not feel judged for any decisions that I’ve made in my life. My faith is super important to me and it is who I am, but I don’t ever want my faith to be used to judge me for other decisions that I’ve made or to have that questioned because that doesn’t go over well with me.”

Platform - Star - Broadcast - Shows - Brown

Now that she has a national platform as the star of one of broadcast’s highest-rated shows, Brown wants to be a role model, and is hoping to use her spotlight to be relatable and connect to others.

With the spotlight...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!