Carrie Fisher's Leia will 'touch, talk to' her daughter Billie Lourd's Resistance officer

Mail Online | 5/22/2019 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/22/21/13832340-0-image-a-32_1558558372255.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/04/13/4384185111365370883/1024x576_MP4_4384185111365370883.mp4

Carrie Fisher died in December 2017.

But director JJ Abrams is bringing her back to the Star Wars franchise with December's The Rise Of Skywalker, thanks to old footage he had from The Force Awakens.

Issue - Vanity - Fair - Helmer - Effects

And in the new issue of Vanity Fair, the helmer said the special effects are so incredible that Carrie's Leia Organa will be able to touch and interact with a character played by her daughter Billie Lourd.

Billie plays Resistance officer named Lieutenant Connix; She was seen in both Force Awakens and Last Jedi.

Moments - Moments - Abrams

'There are moments where they're talking; there are moments where they're touching,' Abrams said.

'There are moments in this movie where Carrie is there, and I really do feel there is an element of the uncanny, spiritual, you know, classic Carrie, that it would have happened this way, because somehow it worked.

'And I never thought it would.'

He also explained how he figured out a way to include the Fisher.

'It - Kind - Goofball - Abrams

'It's hard to even talk about it without sounding like I'm being some kind of cosmic spiritual goofball,' Abrams said.

'But it felt like we suddenly had found the impossible answer to the impossible question.'

Scenes - Footage - Leia - Dialogue - Contexts

He started to write scenes around the old footage, fitting Leia's dialogue into new contexts, VF stated.

And the lighting was tweaked just so to make the footage look right.

'It - Kind - Side - Brain - Sort

'It was a bizarre kind of left side/right side of the brain sort of Venn diagram thing, of figuring out how to create the puzzle based on the pieces we had.'

Abrams also touched on how daunting it was to bring the Skywalker story to a close after so much time.

Challenge - Movie - Abrams - 'It - Film

'That's the challenge of this movie,' Abrams says. 'It wasn't just to make one film that as a stand-alone experience would be thrilling, and scary, and emotional, and funny, but one that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!