Quentin Tarantino Shuts Down Female Reporter Who Asked About Margot Robbie's Role in New Film

PEOPLE.com | 5/22/2019 | Staff
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/quentin-tarantino.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2700px,1417.5px&resize=1200,630

Current Time

Duration

ELLE - FANNING - FAINTS - AT - CANNES

ELLE FANNING FAINTS AT CANNES FILM FESTIVAL DINNER PARTY BECAUSE HER DRESS IS 'TOO TIGHT'

WHY OLIVIA WILDE KNEW SHE COULD DIRECT A MOVIE: 'MOTHERS ARE INCREDIBLE MULTITASKING SUPERHEROES'

Quentin - Tarantino‘s - Once - Time - Hollywood

Quentin Tarantino‘s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood caused quite a stir at the Cannes Film Festival — both on and off the screen.

The director, 56, had a curt response for a female reporter from The New York Times on Wednesday, who asked why Margot Robbie wasn’t given more to say or do in his latest film, according to Variety.

Hypothesis - Tarantino - Press - Conference - Movie

“I reject your hypothesis,” Tarantino said during a press conference for the movie.

Robbie, 28, plays Sharon Tate in Tarantino’s love letter to Hollywood. As Tate, Robbie flits through the screen bringing to life one of cinema’s most beloved stars before her untimely death on August 9, 1969, at the hands of Charles Manson’s Family.

Robbie - Question - Moments - Screen - Moment

Robbie attempted to answer the question, saying, “I think the moments I was on screen gave a moment to honor Sharon.”

“I think the tragedy was the loss of innocence,” she continued. “To show the wonderful sides...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!