Quentin Tarantino Snaps At Reporter When Asked About Margot Robbie’s Limited Role in ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’

Variety | 5/22/2019 | Ramin Setoodeh
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/unadjustednonraw_thumb_f13.jpeg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Quentin Tarantino snapped at a female reporter from The New York Times who asked why Margot Robbie wasn’t given more to say or do in his latest film “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”

“I reject your hypothesis!” he said at a press conference for his new film on Wednesday morning at the Cannes Film Festival.

Robbie - Sharon - Tate - Movie - Film

Robbie plays Sharon Tate in the movie. The film takes place in the 1960s Hollywood and focuses on a struggling TV actor named Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) as they make their way through a changing movie industry.

At the press conference, Tarantino scowled — looking visibly upset — at the question as Robbie tried to tactfully answer it.

Moments - Screen - Moment - Sharon - Robbie

“I think the moments I was on screen gave a moment to honor Sharon,” Robbie said. “I think the tragedy was the loss of innocence. To show the wonderful sides of her could be done without speaking. I did feel like I got a lot of time to explore the character without dialogue, which is an interesting thing. Rarely do I get an opportunity to spend so much time on my own as a character.”

“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” premiered at Cannes to strong reviews on Tuesday night. This terse exchange came at the end of 30-minute press conference where Tarantino and his cast fielded mostly congratulatory questions, which didn’t address Harvey Weinstein (who was set to originally distribute the Sony Pictures release) or Uma Thurman (who gave an interview last year to the New York Times detailing the alleged abusive behavior she had to endure at the hands of Tarantino on the set of “Kill Bill”).

Tarantino - Press - Conference - Public - Interest

Tarantino opened the press conference by addressing the public’s continued interest in Charles Manson and his cult. “I think we’re fascinated by it because at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.