Why Emilia Clarke Felt ‘Numb’ While Watching the End of ‘Game of Thrones’

Variety | 5/21/2019 | Joe Otterson
joyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/game-of-thrones-finale.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

“Game of Thrones” star Emilia Clarke — a.k.a Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains — is now officially done with the series that made her a household name.

Speaking with Variety, Clarke spoke about how it feels to be done with the megahit HBO series, how she prepared for one of her most pivotal moments on the show, and how she feels the show will be remembered.

Interview

Read her full interview below.

Congratulations are in order now that the finale has aired.

Thank

Thank you so much. It’s incredibly surreal.

Now that everything is done-done, how does it feel?

Kind - Thing - Goodbye - While - Seasons

Honestly, it feels very, very odd. It’s that kind of thing where it’s so big, you feel quite numb to it. We’ve been saying goodbye to it for a while. The last two seasons were sort of like, “Oh, the end is coming. It’s coming!” Because it’s not “Cheers.” The whole show is building toward winter coming. Every day you’re at work, you’re preparing for this to end in some massive way. We’ve been building up to it for so long, and then you wrap, other people wrap, the show finishes, but then you’ve got the first episode of the last season, the biggest episode of the last season, the last episode of the last season — it’s been a lot. Nothing prepared me to feel so numb when I was watching the absolute end.

This show is definitely not “Cheers.”

Cheers - Cheers

It’s not. Though “Cheers” is brilliant. I love me some “Cheers.”

With all due respect to “Cheers,” of course. You give this massive speech on the steps of the Red Keep to Dany’s assembled army. How...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!