Does Romans 8:9–11 Require Believer’s Baptism?

The Heidelblog | 5/21/2019 | Staff
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://heidelblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/infant-baptism.jpg

A reader writes with a question about biblical interpretation and baptism:

I was going through Colossians 2 when I read the footnote from the Reformation Study Bible… which sent me to page 41 for a more in-depth explanation. Infant baptism seems to make sense to me on a general level, but I was wondering what your take is on Romans 8, specifically, verses 9-11…we are getting a lot of verses thrown at us about believer’s baptism. Romans 8:9-11 seems to be the only thing that I can’t make sense of.

Lot - Verses - Scripture - Approx - Baptist

There is a great lot of verses in Scripture (approx. 31,000) and our Baptist friends believe everyone of them demands believer’s baptism. Thus, the debate can go one endlessly because they read Scripture from within a certain paradigm, i.e., a set of assumptions and convictions about what must be true.

Romans 8:9-11 says:

Flesh - Spirit - Spirit - God - Anyone

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Heidelblog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!