Sophie Turner slams petition demanding Game of Thrones season 8 redo

CNET | 5/21/2019 | Bonnie Burton
Matty123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/4HXVtOH-pVrywJuoja5HURSdfP8=/2019/05/20/c8cacca4-5109-4859-a65a-92c1daf66892/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-6-sansa-crown.jpg

Some fans aren't happy with what happened to their favorite characters in the final season of Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones is over for good, and some fans can't stop howling about the final season.

Watch - Smallfolk - Sansa - Stark - None

But watch out, smallfolk. Sansa Stark will have none of it.

A Change.org petition asking HBO to redo the entire season has amassed almost 1.4 million signatures as of this writing. The petition calls on HBO to replace Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss with new writers.

David - Benioff - DB - Weiss - Writers

"David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on," posted a fan named Dylan D. of Forth Worth, Texas, who started the petition last week. "This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!"

The petition has been praised and criticized, with none other than Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark, calling it "disrespectful."

Petitions - Things - Crew - Writers - Filmmakers

"All of these petitions and things like that -- it's disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season," Turner told The New York Times in a story published Monday, the day after the finale.

Kit Harrington, who plays Jon Snow, had even stronger words.

Matter - Anyone - Season - Critics - Hour

"I think no matter what anyone thinks about this season -- and I don't mean to sound mean about critics here -- but whatever critic spends half an hour writing about this season and makes their [negative] judgement on it, in my head they can go **** themselves," Harrington told Esquire last month. "'Cause I know how much work was put into this."

While the petition itself doesn't detail specific plot grievances, many fans were notably upset...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!