Fruit of Discipleship “I’m Not Sure I’m Cut Out for This ‘Discipling’ Thing”

ChurchLeaders | 5/20/2019 | Staff
KHALED (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/5.21.CHILDREN.CC.NotCutOutDiscipleThing.jpg

The other day, I had the opportunity to share with some children the miracle that is new life; something coming to life in unexpected ways, much like our Savior. We talked about how a seed falls into the ground, and dies, but then brings forth new life. Much to my surprise, my object lesson was sitting beside my kitchen sink; a popcorn kernel had fallen into a potted plant and had begun to grow and sprout a new seedling.

When I was talking to the kids, we talked about the fact that the seed was “hiding” in the soil but it wasn’t “hidden” from God. It was still doing all the things the seed was supposed to do; it was bringing about new life.

Psalm - Man - Way - Pure - Word

Psalm 119:9-11 says, ” How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word. With all my heart I have sought You; do not let me stray from Your commandments. I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You.” In much the same way, God’s Word is “hidden” in the heart of a child (young man) but it is not dormant; rather, it is doing what the Word came to do—bring forth new life.

As a parent, I can at times become discouraged when I don’t see the fruit of discipleship evident in my children’s lives. Like most Christian parents, I wonder, “Have a done this thing right? Have I shared the right things? Have I been a good disciplemaker? What about all the times I’ve messed up? What about all of my mistakes?”

It can be…exhausting and defeating.

But as I read these Scriptures a few things come into focus for me; things that help me to remember whose they are and who I am...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tyranny has such cute names, like Democrat, Republican, Congress, Senate...