Johnny Depp Accuses Ex-Wife Amber Heard of Having 'Painted-On Bruises': 'I Was the Victim'

PEOPLE.com | 5/20/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/depp-heard.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1200px,630px&resize=1200,630

Johnny Depp is accusing his ex-wife Amber Heard of abusing him in his first declaration as part of his $50 million defamation lawsuit against her.

The Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald actor, 55, submitted a statement giving his first-person account of his relationship with the Aquaman actress, 33, on Monday, in court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

Ms - Heard - Allegations - May - Court

“I have denied Ms. Heard’s allegations vehemently since she first made them in May 2016 when she walked into court to obtain a temporary restraining order with painted-on bruises that witnesses and surveillance footage show she did not possess each day of the preceding week,” Depp began. “I will continue to deny them for the rest of my life.”

“I never abused Ms. Heard or any other woman,” he added.

Depp - Heard - Declaration - Victim - Abuse

While Depp denied abusing Heard, he claimed in his declaration that he had been the victim of abuse conducted by Heard.

“She was the perpetrator, and I was the victim,” he alleged. “While mixing prescription amphetamines and non-prescription drugs with alcohol, Ms. Heard committed innumerable acts of domestic violence against me, often in the presence of a third-party witness, which in some instances caused me serious bodily harm.”

Heard - Lawyer - Eric - George - Allegations

Heard’s lawyer Eric George denied the allegations against the actress, saying in a statement obtained by PEOPLE, “The evidence in this case is clear: Johnny Depp repeatedly beat Amber Heard.”

“The increasingly desperate attempts by Mr. Depp and his enablers to revive his career by initiating baseless litigation against so many people once close to him — his former lawyers, former managers, and his former spouse — are not fooling anyone.”

George - Light - Work - TimesUp - Movement

George continued, “In light of the important work done by the #TimesUp movement highlighting the tactics abusers use to continue to traumatize survivors, neither the creative community nor the public will be gaslit by Mr. Depp’s baseless blame-the-victim conspiracy theories.”

In his declaration,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!