La. Governor on Decision Not to Abort Daughter with Spina Bifida: 'We're Going to Love This Baby No Matter What'

CNS News | 5/20/2019 | Staff
SweetStuff33 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/govjohnbeledwardsdonnass_0.jpg

“We’re going to love this baby no matter what,” Democrat Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards – who is expected to sign a pro-life bill - told his wife when doctors encouraged them to abortion their unborn child, Samantha, who had been diagnosed with spina bifida.

“I was 20 weeks pregnant with our first child when the doctor discovered that she had spina bifida and encouraged me to have an abortion, the governor’s wife, Donna, explains in a 2015 video, in which she recalls how impressed she was with the love he declared for their unborn daughter:

Moment - Boy - Love - Man - Love

“And, at that moment, I watched the boy I fell in love with become the man I’m still in love with today.”

Doctors had actually gone so far as to take Donna Edwards to a clinic to see severely-afflicted spina bifida children, CatholicPhilly.com reported in a July 29, 2016 article:

Doctors - Couple - Baby - Bifida - Abortion

“The doctors informed the couple their baby would have spina bifida and strongly advised an abortion, to the point of taking Donna to see a clinic that treated spina bifida children, some seriously impaired and others less so. At the time there was no way to determine what effects it would have on a particular child.”

But, the couple chose to place their faith in God, Gov. Edwards...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!