Bryce Dallas Howard claims Sir Elton John had toxic relationship with mum

Mail Online | 5/20/2019 | Rebecca Davison for MailOnline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/20/12/13716166-0-image-a-4_1558350799741.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/20/6653479326347707563/1024x576_MP4_6653479326347707563.mp4

She plays Sir Elton John's mother Sheila Farebrother in Rocketman, the biopic about his life.

And Bryce Dallas Howard, 38, claimed the singer and his late mum endured a 'very toxic and damaging relationship' and that he 'wasn't shown love and affection.'

Lorraine - Monday - Bryce - London - Cannes

Appearing on Lorraine on Monday, Bryce, who has flown to London straight from the Cannes Film Festival, said she had concerns when she first read the script.

She said: 'It was very bad toxic damaging relationship. I think she definitely didn't get him. More than that she was a deeply unhappy person.

'He - Household - Child - Love - Affection

'He was raised in a household as an only child, not shown love and affection. If there's that void, it's a difficult thing for him to fill.'

Sheila passed away in December 2017, aged 92, two years after she and Elton healed their rift, after a nine year period in which they didn't speak to one another.

Picture - Instagram - Passing - Mother - Morning

Posting a picture of her on Instagram following her passing, he wrote: 'So sad to say that my mother passed away this morning.

'I only saw her last Monday and I am in shock. Travel safe Mum. Thank-you for everything. I will miss you so much. Love, Elton.'

Elton - Mirror - Respect - Mother - Privacy

In 2016, Elton told The Mirror: 'Out of respect for my mother’s privacy, I have always shied away from speaking publicly about our relationship.

'However, I can say that we are now back in touch and have been so since my mother’s 90th birthday.'

Elton - £30 - Sheila - Hip - Replacement

Furthermore, Elton, who is reportedly worth £235 million, shelled out £30,000 for Sheila to undergo a double hip replacement that same year.

Sheila even invited an Elton impersonator to perform for guests at her 90th birthday party.

Fall - Phone - Call - Pair - June

The fall out stemmed from a phone call between the pair in June 2008, which Sheila recounted in great detail to The Daily Mail's David Wigg,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!